Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Clean Slate


CLEAN SLATE
from the 
Editors of Martha Stewart Living


Eating "clean" can be really challenging, and lonely.  I know, my gym friends and I call it the "anti-social" diet.  I love food, follow food, live for food.  Many of my friends are foodies who will travel great distances for that perfect dish.   It's hard to meet friends in restaurants where there's so much butter, salt and fat.  But, we all crave friends and flavor.

That's where Clean Slate can help.  The photographs are healthy and attractive, showcasing a burst of colors and flavors.  Healthy should never mean boring.  Maybe you can invite some of your foodie friends to taste some of these recipes.  A healthy life helps you feel and look your best.  Who doesn't want to feel their best?  

The recipes are pretty basic which proves going healthy doesn't require long hours.  The squash salad with tomatos, zucchini blossoms, and ricotta is a piece of art.  I've wowed guests with my own version.  I like to hit the ground running in the morning, and just get to work so I particularly appreciate the drink recipes.  When I wake up, I prefer to put my thought in what I must accomplish, and these tonics are sure to set me in the right direction.  

With so much information swirling about, it can get really confusing.  Clean Slate knows this and offers easy visual charts and lists in the beginning of the book to help reference antioxidants, smart swaps, super detoxifiers, inflammation fighters, digestive aids.  

"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment