Monday, February 23, 2015

Alan Turing's Apple Enigma Salad


Every year, I'm fortunate to be invited to a spectacular Oscars party.   There's a red carpet, Dame Edna, a pool.  All guests are highly encouraged to dress up in costume (representing any Oscar-nominated film of that current year or for an Oscar Best Picture any year) and must bring an Oscar-inspired dish for the current year.

We chose the Imitation Game.  Since Alan Turing ate an apple a day, I decided to make an Apple Enigma Salad.  Ingredients included shaved fennel, English peas, frisee, Fji apples, toasted walnuts, white and red Easter egg radishes, shaved English cheddar, and nasturtiums (freshly picked from my garden).  Tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette.

Several folks at the Oscars party thanked me for bringing something healthy and green.  It went fast.

I can't wait until next year.




This Big Hero 6 red velvet cupcake made me smile.

"Oh Baymax, I am satisfied with my dessert."


No comments:

Post a Comment