Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hello, Paleo!



Hello, Paleo!
There's a misconception that Paleo is just meat.  Now, I love meat, and as anyone that has seen my comedic show Chinese Girls Don't Show -- my family came to America for the meat.

When a chef friend and I agreed to go Paleo for an entire month, we wanted to see what would happen to our bodies, our health, our energy levels if we cut out processed foods.  Thirty days may sould like nothing in the long run, but in the short run, it caused friction and stress with family and friends.  Every month has moments to cherish and celebrate which means there was no escape from comments like these at the dinner table:  

What do you mean you're not taking a bite?  I made this.  Homemade.  I spent hours.

No rice?  Stick a needle in your ancestor's eye.

No happy hour either?  You make me not happy.

I joke that I may have lost more friends than weight that month.  So when Pete Evans, host of FineCookingTv.com's Moveable Feast, penned Paleo Chef, I was excited to see his approach to a healthy, flavorful life.

The photographs are stunning, and most of the recipes are easy to follow, easy to make.  Many people fear eating healthier takes a lot more time, this book debunks that myth.   Evan's flavor profiles are global -- from Vietnamese chicken wings, jerk chicken, shrimp laska -- so you can taste the world one Paleo dish at a time.


"I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."

No comments:

Post a Comment