Sunday, June 29, 2014

Summer time and the living is easy

When the temperature rises in the summer, often you want to eat light and stay out of a hot kitchen.   Summer is also the time when our garden yields a lot of tomatoes, basil, zucchini, crookneck squash.  So I thought I'd make something refreshing out of the ingredients, most fresh from my organic garden.

I usually try to bring something healthy to potlucks because so many people bring rich and sweet entrees.  People joke around with me, "You brought the kale salad, didn't you?"

Guilty as charged.

I also like to experiment with flavors and tastebuds.  Enjoy expanding my horizons as well as yours.

I can't tell you how many people haven't eaten things like my kimchi dumplings or kimchi fried rice and said, "You put kimchi in there?  If I had known, I'd never have eaten it.  But I love it!"

It's the same with my writing.   "Your play NUMBER ONE SON made me realize gay people are just like you and me."

Back to food:
  
You brought the cucumber mint agua fresca, didn't you?
You brought the blueberry lavender martini, didn't you? 
You brought the cantaloupe soup, didn't you?

Yes, all me.

I care about my body, my health and about yours.  That's why SENSUOUS GOURMET.  
I'm not especially fond of medical bills, sitting around at the hospital, waiting around for biopsy results.  

I brought this zucchini, crookneck squash, tomato, burrata, basil salad to wine club.  No leftovers.  A big hit.  The squash is julienned so you can eat it raw.  Lightly drizzled with high quality virgin olive oil, crack pepper, fleur de sel, basil and a splash of balsamic vinegar.

Simple, fresh, delicious.   Ssssh, it's also quite healthy.   So, if you have too much squash, send it over to me.  All my friends on Facebook want some.




No comments:

Post a Comment